Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum General > Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-25-2011, 10:38 PM   #1
Lt. JG

Default 2007 SE2600 fire system wiring

So I have the Seadog system factory installed. When I took delivery the LED indicator was not lit. It was put on the list to correct. The dealer connected it, and the led was on, but the boat would not start (crank, not start). Dealer undid their wiring under the shifter, LED out, boat works. For 2 years they tried unsuccessfully to get it right. Now they are out of business. Looking at the SeaDog schematic, if the LED is not lit, the system has no power, so obviously the dealer left it completely disconnected. I have not looked in the access panel by the shifter, but there should be a switched power lead, the LED leads (2), and a wire running back to the extinguisher bottle in the engine compartment. Maxum has sent me the wiring harness details, but it is not too helpful. Anyone know what color wires I am looking for in the access panel by the shifter? Need to identify the switch power wire to go to the LED, and the wire to the engine compartment to come from the LED. Anyone have the system that can take a peek for me? In the engine compartment there were only 3 loose wires, I am sure I could find the live one and the ground once I figure out the cockpit end.

paulswagelock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 10:05 PM   #2
Admiral

FE Series Manual 123-133.pdf
attached is the file for you to view..note the last page has the wiring..

well..I was hoping someone would jump on this one...but since nobody has..I called my bud in our local maxum dealer guy....and he's looking up the problem and hopefully will get a scematic for you.....I'll either send it on or post it here when I get it...

SP

Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 11:27 PM   #3
Lt. JG

Responded to your PM. I am making some progress. Now I need to locate a switched power lead near the led indicator, which is mounted under the shift/throttle.
paulswagelock is offline   Reply With Quote