Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum General > Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-18-2012, 05:07 AM   #1
Ensign

Default 2001 2400scr Norcold Fridge - DoeséDoesn`t work

Only had a 2400scr for a week now, and have noted that the Norcold fridge, on 12 volt, when you turn on the switch inside the door, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn`t. Unfortunately there was no documentation that came with the coat, so is there part of the 12 volt switching system I am missing. I open the fridge door, turn on the switch on the right side of the door, and a green light comes on, and it runs fine. The next day, I do the same thing, and nothing.

Any info tips or troubleshooting information appreciated.

Douglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 01:17 PM   #2

Hi Douglas, Welcome Aboard!!!!

As your aware, the fridge is a dual power (AC/DC) with an internal switch on it. The on/Off power switch inside is the main power switch for the fridge. When the fridge is on, it automatically detects the presence of AC or DC. If AC is present, such as when you are connected to shore power and the main breaker and Fridge breaker are both set to ON, then the fridge shoudl run on AC. If you disconnect the AC supply such as disconnecting the shore power, the main breaker or the fridge breaker, then the fridge will revert to DC from teh battery. In order to run from 12VDC the battery switch would also need to be on.

Is there a chance that the battery switch is off at the time it doesn't come on? Does it behave the same whether it is on Batt. 1 or Bat. 2? Do all other 12VDC devices (e.g. lights, freshwater pressure pump, bilge pumps, etc) all work when the fridge is not? When this occurs, does it matter whether you are running AC or DC?

Normally I would say to check the onboard fuse in teh back of the fridge, however with an intermittant problem, this may be more tricky.

shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 02:39 AM   #3
Ensign

Thanks for the reply...........................other 12v systems work however fridge doesn't. Have a RV man coming to look at it, hopefully will be able to resolve the matter.
Douglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 01:15 PM   #4

This sounds like a bad connection or corrosion on the 12V side. Since you have an HVAC guy coming out, I suspect he'll pull the fridge and start there. Meter the connection, possibly replace the connectors and onboard fuse. Let us know how it goes.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote