Old 07-14-2012, 07:44 AM   #1
Ensign

Default (2001) 2300 SR alarm code

Ive had my 2300SR for just over a year now and had some great fun with it. However when I took it out yesterday was getting the following alarm & intermittent beep which wouldnt go away:

50F tdr

Can anyone explain to me what this alarm is and what I need to do about it?

Many thanks

Coxy1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 11:12 AM   #2
Lieutenant

What engine do you have? Where is that alarm showing up?

Old 07-14-2012, 12:46 PM   #3
Captain

Coxy, check your engine and stern drive fluid levels. Start your engine and check oil pressure, battery voltage, and operating temp. Good chance that it is one of these problems. If not, recommend that you contact local dealer and see if they can advise you on next step. I have gotten to know mechanic at local marina, and he has given me some great info.
jrsick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 07:49 AM   #4
Ensign

Hi, thanks for ur responses. I have a 5.7 Mercruiser (250HP) and the code shows on the depth display.

I have checked all my levels which are OK. My oil pressure & temps are OK.

Appreciate all the help, thanks
Coxy1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 04:09 PM   #5
Ensign

I think you have somehow set the depth alarm at 50 feet. I forget the other letters but they reference whether you are measuring from the bottom of the hull or a preset depth. I have my alarm set for zero plus 3 feet so I get an alarm before my outdrive gets hard into the sand.

Hope this helps because this one would be easy to fix. Engine issues are a different story, see my question about engine diagnostic computers.
boilerbob1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 05:53 PM   #6

If you turn the depth sounder off, then i assume the alarm goes away? IF not, check your drive lube resevior, which is not related to the oil pressure or temp guages. Welcome Aboard Cox1961 and BolerBob1!!
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:57 PM   #7
Lt. Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by boilerbob1 View Post
Does anybody know of a computer that will work and/or read the codes coming out of the Mercruiser computer? Auto analyzers can cost $100-$400 which would pay for itself very quickly if one can be used on the Mercruiser.
Bob, see the last post in your original thread. I gave you links to a couple of options.

Tom
Old 01-08-2013, 12:31 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by boilerbob1 View Post
update: I changed the lower unit oil and made sure it pumped back up into the reservoir (hopefully no bubbles). Changed engine oil and it is full. Batteries have a full charge and the shore power was plugged in for the start attempt. I can't see where to measure water inlet suction pressure. I still get the intermittant alarm. I'm going to have to go to the dealer and plug in their diagnostic computer unless I can find a computer that will work for my outdrive.

Does anybody know of a computer that will work and/or read the codes coming out of the Mercruiser computer? Auto analyzers can cost $100-$400 which would pay for itself very quickly if one can be used on the Mercruiser.

Does anybody know where to put a gauge on the water inlet suction pressure?
Foul on the play: BoilerBob1, Please don't hi-jack someone else's thread with an update for a different thread that you started. A Forum is like a virtual conversation. You've essentially walked up to a group of folks at a social event and interupted with a somewhat unrelated discussion of your own. Please update your own thread or contribute to this one.
Old 12-21-2013, 10:39 AM   #9
Ensign

Default I am getting the same error message. Boat runs fine. Did you figure it out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxy1961 View Post
Ive had my 2300SR for just over a year now and had some great fun with it. However when I took it out yesterday was getting the following alarm & intermittent beep which wouldnt go away:

50F tdr

Can anyone explain to me what this alarm is and what I need to do about it?

Many thanks
I'm getting the same 50F tdr error message and beeping on my depth finder. Can't figure out how to even shut the depth sounder off yet. Manual says to refer to the depth sounder manual which i dont have. not sure who made it, but its standard with the boat. Boat seems to Run fine.... i used it for 4 hours yesterday...but no depth finder and that constant beep. We're you able to figure out what the issue was? Thanks, Bill (2000 Maxuum 2300 SR Bowrider)
billturnbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 03:44 PM   #10
Admiral

billturnbull welcome aboard.

Should have a switch at the helm to turn depth finder on and off. If not te battery power switch should remove power from it or findthe depth finder fuse and remove it for a minute then reinstall. If you search under electronics and small boats you will find other threads on this that have posted the manual.

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 02:03 PM   #11
Ensign

Default Thanks Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmwjr View Post
billturnbull welcome aboard.

Should have a switch at the helm to turn depth finder on and off. If not te battery power switch should remove power from it or findthe depth finder fuse and remove it for a minute then reinstall. If you search under electronics and small boats you will find other threads on this that have posted the manual.
Much appreciated. I winterized and will try these in the spring. I don't seem to have a toggle switch at the helm for it but will double check. I turn off all batteries using the battery switch each time it's put away in the boatel per their policy, but it still happens when i put it back in the water and turn back on the battery switch. I haven't tried the fuse option yet and will try for that. It happened last spring also and when a bad battery was replaced , it went away then, so it sounds like what you suggest should work. I want to find that manual. I googled the error I was getting and only got this thread. Thanks again, Bill
billturnbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 02:18 PM   #12
Admiral

Does this help?

http://www.standardhorizon.com/downl...pplication/pdf

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 01:00 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by billturnbull View Post
Thank you for the manual Mike. Those are the errors I was getting. I don't recall a "Depth Switch" anywhere on my boat. Perhaps it's one of the auxiliary switches that don't seem to operate anything that I have. I have the alarm switch. I should be able to figure it out from here. Once i find that depth switch i'll be golden. Thanks again for going out of you way.

Bill

In case you have any experience with this, I also have a Stereo that turns on but gives no sound when volume is turned up. I believe it's a JVC with radio and CD. There is no mute button that I can find. It seems to operate fine. Part of buying a used boat...
Bill, In the future please start a new thread. Hijacking other people's threads is not polite.

This is the second hi-jack warning in the same thread. Keep to the OP's topic.

I've started a new thread for this topic here:

http://www.maxumownersclub.com/forum...1-Stereo-Issue