Old 09-12-2014, 10:21 PM   #1
Ensign

Default 2 switches in the head & fuse block identification.

Just bought a 1999 2800 SCR, in the head there are 2 rocker switches just inside the door about thigh high. Both switches turn the lights in the head off and on. Why 2 switches? there are 2 puck lights above the sink, the toilet is manual, no other need for a second switch that I can tell.

Also, and more importantly where can I get a fuse block schematic? No issues just curios what fuse controls what?

Kerry On is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 09:58 PM   #2
Captain

No idea, in my 99 3000 scr, there are also 2 switches, one controls lights, and the other the shower sump pump. The shower pump one is red and lighted.

Kevlar7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 05:40 PM   #3
Admiral

Kerry welcome aboard.

As Kev state one should be for he shower sump. Regarding a wiring diagram go to the home page and get the manual for your boat it will have a wiring diagram.

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 12:26 AM   #4
Lt. Commander

Even with the fuse diagram which covers the fuses under the dash be aware that there are also a series of fuses in the engine compartment...near the battery charger switch...
Capt Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 01:30 PM   #5
Ensign

Thanks, so, we pulled the boat out of the water this weekend so I could do some minor repairs and wax it. This morning I go out to go to work and I hear the shower bilge screaming away ( this has happened a couple times while sitting on the water in the 2 weeks I have owned the boat). I could not get it to go off so cut the hot lead, had to get to work. Tonight I'll test the pump to make sure it is still working correctly (from running dry for who knows how long, and if all is good I'll rewire to one of the switches in the head.

Regarding the fuses, I checked the "manuals" tab for a 1999 and "no content". I'll check for fuses in the engine compartment as well, thanks for the tip.

Update, I found the manual. AS I start learnign the boat I'm sure I'll have more questions. Kind of nice finding a site just for Maxum boat owners.

Last question for today, how does one get a promotion? Time on site? Donation? # of posts? Guessing time on site.

Mike, (Kerry is my Bride)
Old 09-15-2014, 04:11 PM   #6
Admiral

The pump should be designed to run dry, therefore should be ok. Power to the pump should be through a float in the pan where the pump is located. The float gets power from the red switch in the head.

The fuses in the engine compartment will be right next to the battery switch.

Ask away when you have questions.

(Kerry is my Bride), got it. Was just going by your sign on name.

Mike
Old 09-15-2014, 07:33 PM   #7
Ensign

There is an electromagnatic float switch in the sump enclosure. No clue as to why it "closes" the contacts when the boate is motionless and no water is draining into it. Rewiring through the switch soleves the random problem. I may just replace the float switch as well.

Thanks again.
Old 09-15-2014, 09:30 PM   #8
Admiral

I think it is just like a bilge switch and has Mercury in it. If the switch is closed when in the down position it is bad. Anyhow it should turn off if properly wired to the switch in the head which provides power.

Mike