Old 07-20-2018, 04:39 PM   #1
Ensign

Default 1997 1700 MF 120hp Force outboard

I bought this boat from a friend of mine that is unable to use it anymore. He said it was running perfectly fine before he swapped in a new ignition. Now it will not turn over and not even the trim works (nor any other accessories I would imagine). He thinks he blew a fuse installing it. Does this sound right? Also, I am going to pick it up tomorrow and want to bring proper fuses, in case it is a fuse. Can anyone on here help a noob boat owner?

Jasonbarr7392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 08:34 AM   #2
Ensign

Fixed the issue, thanks for the quick help. Maybe you can help find out the size of the fuel tank? I have looked high and low on the interweb and found nothing. Previous owner says it is 30 gallons, but that seems awfully big for a 1700 MF.

Jasonbarr7392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 02:18 PM   #3
Lt. Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonbarr7392 View Post
Fixed the issue, thanks for the quick help. Maybe you can help find out the size of the fuel tank? I have looked high and low on the interweb and found nothing. Previous owner says it is 30 gallons, but that seems awfully big for a 1700 MF.

Glad to hear you were successful in figuring out the power problem, I have be watching to see, any chance you can post your findings in case others are having the same issue? The force OB is getting harder and harder to find from what I can see.

Unfortunately I can’t help you with your fuel tank size but 30 gal sounds about right for a 17’ boat, maybe try starting a new thread as you will be more likely to get a response on a new question that way.

Enjoy the boat sir!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2000, 2100SR 5.7 Alpha 1 Gen 2
Overboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 02:33 PM   #4

L= Length in inches
W = Width in inches
H = Height in inches

(LxWxH)/231 = Volume in Gallons

h=12
w=12
h=12

(12x12x12)/231= 7.48 gallons

If you can locate the tank and measure it you can verify it's exact volume. You might need to subtract the thickness of the walls of the tank to get an exact measurement since you will technically be measuring the exterior of the tank and the volume is based on the interior dimensions. Technically, this is only going to yield a few cups of difference.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote