Old 04-20-2010, 03:33 AM   #1
Ensign

Default 1994 2400 scr frige and water problem??

Hey guys,

I have been reading this forum a lot for the last month or so. Got my boat about 2 months ago, still cleaning it up, getting the interior seats and exterior done, cleaning all the carpets, putting in the fun electronics. Boat was in pretty bad condition when I bought it, but the price was well worth the little extra effort.

Anyway here are my two main problems that I can not figure out:

1)The fridge will not get cold. I dont even think it is turning on?? I have the shore power cable hooked up to my house at the moment, could it be that their is not enough power? The switch for the frige is in the on position, the little switch inside the fridge is on. Can their be a short somewhere or is the actual fridge just broken? Maybe im missing a little detail???

2)I cant seem to get steady water pressure out of the kitchen faucet, and pretty much no pressure from the bathroom faucet. the water tank is full of red liquid, I believe its part of the winterization, When i hit the water switch, pump is clearly heard but the water just spits out at incriments?

Thanks for the help guys!

powerdbygarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 12:09 PM   #2
Lt. Commander

No expert here, but considering the fridge works on either 110V/AC shore power or 12V/DC power, are your batteries charged and battery switch on? That would tell you, at least, if the fridge isn't working on either type of power it may just be DOA. Four screws and it slides right out also, and is plugged into a 110V/AC outlet down to the right, so you can try plugging something else in or a meter to see if the outlet is getting power. Regarding water pressure, have you let it run for a while to allow all the air to get out of the lines? That's one thing. If you have, and it's still spitting out water and air you probably have a crack on one of the lines letting air in, or on a fitting on the pump. When I got my 2400SCR last year, I found that the Jabsco pump filter housing was cracked so replaced it and solved the problem for $14.

Old 04-20-2010, 03:48 PM   #3
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommyfmu View Post
No expert here, but considering the fridge works on either 110V/AC shore power or 12V/DC power, are your batteries charged and battery switch on? That would tell you, at least, if the fridge isn't working on either type of power it may just be DOA. Four screws and it slides right out also, and is plugged into a 110V/AC outlet down to the right, so you can try plugging something else in or a meter to see if the outlet is getting power. Regarding water pressure, have you let it run for a while to allow all the air to get out of the lines? That's one thing. If you have, and it's still spitting out water and air you probably have a crack on one of the lines letting air in, or on a fitting on the pump. When I got my 2400SCR last year, I found that the Jabsco pump filter housing was cracked so replaced it and solved the problem for $14.
Thanks for the suggestion. I am going to have a look tonight and see if there is any air getting in. Is there any sort of air release valve to bleed the system? Lets say for instance, like in a car to bleed the cooling system of air after refilling with coolant.

Thanks!
Old 04-21-2010, 04:20 AM   #4
Ensign

ok little update

Took the fridge out, the outlet works fine, its the frige, just to check I pluged it into a diffrent outlet and it does not work, funny thing is that when me and a friend tried to take it out of the boat it will not fit through the door??? also considering the size and function of the oem frige (120ac and 12v) its not going to be easy to replace this thing without calling a maxum dealer. Its not like a mini frige from walmart will fit in nice and snug and look good at the same time. Im thinking my best course of action would be to call a frige repair man to come take a look at it and see if it can be fixed. any other suggestions??

about the water also got this one figured out, there was a leak in the water heater, fixed the leak then checked with the faucet not connected. perfect pressure coming out of the lines. the next step was a mind blower. I went to home depot and bought a nice new facet for the kitchen, connected the lines to it, again no water pressure when it was there 2 min ago. took the lines off the faucet tried it again, perfect water pressure. ok long story short i guess the faucet was broken, going to exchange it tom.

I will keep an update on the frige.

Off topic: There is a TON of extra room behind the frige, i am upset it was not put to better use!
Old 04-21-2010, 12:23 PM   #5
Lt. Commander

If you brought in a fridge repairman, parts should be ready available if needed. 99% probability you have a Norcold AC/DC fridge, maybe 1.7 cu/ft. The mfr is Thetford ; http://www.thetford.com/HOME/Applica...0/Default.aspx , so even if you need to replace it, you could get a relatively direct plug and play replacement. Getting it out the door may require taking off the fridge door and maybe more.

The space behind the fridge is reserved for an air conditioning unit. Mine has Cruisair which was one of the prerequisites by my wife in getting a boat in the first place lol. Oh yea, and a head.