Old 10-25-2015, 02:34 PM   #1
Ensign

Smile Waited a long time for this.

Hello all current members! I just became a member today after purchasing my 2003 Maxum 1800sr 45 days ago. It wasn't an easy road finding and hunting down a very well maintained Maxum boat with low hours. From my many conversations with Maxum boat owners, these boats are very sought after in the boating community. It took me almost 3 years to find the diamond in the rough. Finally!! I found one. It was a 2003 maxum 1800sr with 32 hours on the engine. When I first went and looked at the boat, all the seats, snap in carpet and hull were in mint condition. I asked the guy selling the boat how he acquired the vessel. After he explained that the boat was traded to him on a car deal, I knew he didn't have any emotional attachments to the boat. We finally agreed on the price and we made the exchange. So after looking at numerous Maxum and Chaparral boats for almost 3 years, my journey was finished. I was left with a rack stored 2003 sr in mint condition with an engine that purred like a kitten.

With all that said, my Wife and Kids love this boat! Cant wait to put an extended swim deck on this winter! Thank you for reading my story! Please tell me yours.

SunnyOHsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 05:10 PM   #2
CGG
Lt. Commander

Welcome!

CGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 10:56 PM   #3
Admiral

Welcome and congrats on the boat.

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 12:34 PM   #4

Welcome aboard SunnyOHsky!!!
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 01:58 PM   #5
Admiral

Welcome aboard....

Roger
biggerseagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 09:52 AM   #6
Lt. JG

I'm pretty new here as well, but would like to welcome you as well... as a fellow new owner of a used 1800SR. Mine is a late 2001. Though not nearly as mint as yours, after 3 months I'm still loving it; both using it and learning about it so I can maintain it myself.

I'm sure the good folks on this forum will be very helpful to you as they have been to me!
mikealan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 10:14 PM   #7
Ensign

Howdy Gang.. my name is Ronnie.. I have owned my 2005 Maxum 1800SR3 since September of 2004. Bought her new and she has served me flawlessly. Until this year. :-( Can't get it to start. I have done mostly my own maintenance because well.. that's just how I roll. She ran like a champ last winter when I put her to bed. But she won't start now. From what I have been reading the slave solenoid is the place to start. I get the infernal "click" when I try to start it. Have tested the kill switch.. it seems okay. Jumpered the starter motor and can hear it spinning .. well I hear something spinning but the engine does not turn over. Is there are motor in the starter solenoid? This will be my first foray into 4.3 Mercruiser repair. Wish me luck. Pointers welcomed! I have self maintained my '99 Mercedes for 238K miles so far and my '97 Suburban for 225K. So not a complete buffoon with a wrench.
RonnieT24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 03:31 AM   #8
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieT24 View Post
Howdy Gang.. my name is Ronnie.. I have owned my 2005 Maxum 1800SR3 since September of 2004. Bought her new and she has served me flawlessly. Until this year. :-( Can't get it to start. I have done mostly my own maintenance because well.. that's just how I roll. She ran like a champ last winter when I put her to bed. But she won't start now. From what I have been reading the slave solenoid is the place to start. I get the infernal "click" when I try to start it. Have tested the kill switch.. it seems okay. Jumpered the starter motor and can hear it spinning .. well I hear something spinning but the engine does not turn over. Is there are motor in the starter solenoid? This will be my first foray into 4.3 Mercruiser repair. Wish me luck. Pointers welcomed! I have self maintained my '99 Mercedes for 238K miles so far and my '97 Suburban for 225K. So not a complete buffoon with a wrench.

Welcome aboard

You have started a new thread for your issue.

So you have a 4.3, correct?

Start at the beginning, measure the battery voltage when cranking to verify its healthy. Next measure the voltage at the slave soleniod on both terminals when the key is in the start position. It should be located next to the engine breaker. Then on to measuring the voltage at the starter when cranking.

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
maxum 1800sr