Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 02:24 PM   #241
Lieutenant

Hello, this '89 2000sc was wasting away in a friends backyard. We offered to take it and give it a little love and now fully enjoy every minute we are on the water.Click image for larger version

Name:	offshore.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	2174

Old 08-14-2012, 02:48 AM   #242
Commander

Welcome JoDo. Great to see a good boat resurrected and used for it's intended purpose...FUN!

-JP

Old 08-17-2012, 05:49 PM   #243
Ensign

Cool New member here with 1991 2400 SR

Hi Everyone

I posted to the "Show us your boat" thread recently but now see this is also for newbies so I'm repeating myself here a bit because I do have a couple questions.

I just bought a 1991 MAXUM 2400 SR (that's what the hull says, though I wonder if technically it's an SC?). Hopefully the photo will show up here.

I have basically zero experience with power boats but have owned a couple sailboats even bigger than my Maxum. The systems (engine/outdrive) are quite different and in some ways more complex than sailboats but I've been reading the manuals and starting to get the feel for things. I haven't taken the boat out yet as I'm waiting for a friend who is more intrepid and experienced than me to go out, hopefully this weekend. I find the Maxum a bit daunting as I'm used to 30hp diesels and a big keel below. As one of my old boating friends said when he saw my boat, "Was nice knowing you. Will there be good food at the funeral?"

My first question would be about trying to find a knowledgeable service for the boat here in Bellingham WA. I'm pretty familiar with engines/mechanics but it's been a long time since I've done anything in that realm and I'd like to find someone who would really know about the boat and do maint/repair. It seems to be in good working order but at 21 years old stuff will need maint for sure and break also. The engine was brand new in 2003 and I have all the receipts. The previous owner seemed to take very good care of it but it wasn't used too often and stored on trailer. It has the MerCruiser 454 in it and a Bravo One outdrive.

Okay thanks in advance and I'm so glad there's this forum for MAXUM users as it seems very active and with great people!

Click image for larger version

Name:	BT Maxum reduced.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	176.9 KB
ID:	2182

Cheers,

Brian
Old 08-20-2012, 11:44 AM   #244
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to ss3964spd

Congrats on the new boat Brian, looks like it's in pretty good shape. I, too, think it's an SC - what with having a cuddy and all.

Good luck with it!

Dan
Old 08-27-2012, 12:29 AM   #245
Ensign

Thanks Dan. Yeah it seems SC and SR are maybe interchangeable and it does have the cuddy with two cushy chairs and v-birth with convertible table.

-Brian
Old 09-05-2012, 04:57 PM   #246
Ensign

Name:	Simply Eriesistible.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	2227
Hi all. Another newbie. We bought a 1995 2700 SCR a few weeks ago. Have been busy getting everything set up to our liking and doing some cleaning / maintenance, etc. We boat on Lake Erie out of Cleveland. This Labor Day weekend was the Cleveland Air Show with the Blue Angels. Always a blast from the water. We also conducted a purging/ renaming ceremony over the weekend and added our new name to the boat..."Simply Eriesistible"
Old 09-19-2012, 04:55 AM   #247
Ensign

Sorry if I am not posting in the right place -- I am a first time boat owner -- well, at least I hope to be soon. I have been looking at a 1998 1900 SR2. I've done as much research as I can, and am wondering any input. I have read that Brunswick has discontinued the Maxum Line which sucks cuz they appear to be a top quality boat. Are parts hard to find?, owners manual, accessories? Any other input that I should know before I pull the trigger? I am very excited -

Thank you
Old 09-19-2012, 11:10 AM   #248
Commander

I am on my third Maxum. 1st was a 92 2100sc then 94 2000sc thats at 45 years with frozen motor. and just bought a 94 2400scr another project with frozen motor. As far as parts for these boats. Engine's and Out drives are plentiful. But if you need something specific. You may have to search. Or get creative. And manufacture a part yourself!. Canvas is readily available but expensive in my opinion. Maxum's Are a sound good quality boat. Like anything else if it was care for . Get a survey done. Just to be sure there are no surprises Down the road . Happy boating.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-19-2012, 12:56 PM   #249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhinolunch View Post
Sorry if I am not posting in the right place -- I am a first time boat owner -- well, at least I hope to be soon. I have been looking at a 1998 1900 SR2. I've done as much research as I can, and am wondering any input. I have read that Brunswick has discontinued the Maxum Line which sucks cuz they appear to be a top quality boat. Are parts hard to find?, owners manual, accessories? Any other input that I should know before I pull the trigger? I am very excited -

Thank you
Hello Rhinolunch, Welcome Aboard!!!

You're certainly in the right spot. This particular thread is more of a "Hello, Meet and Greet". As for questions, I encourage you to feel free to post a new thread with your questions.
Old 09-22-2012, 08:51 PM   #250
Lt. JG

Newbie on board. Just purchased a 1994 2400scr two weeks ago and this site has been a great knowledge base for some of my questions, Thanks to all. I Sold my 1985 24' ciera sunbridge 13 years ago and haven't been in west Marine since. Go figure fourth trip today. Great runningcruiser, She'll need just enough touch up work to keep my OCD in check.LOL

I could use any tips on polishing and touching up some of the gell coat dings if anyone has any good tips.
Old 09-23-2012, 07:05 AM   #251
Lt. Commander

polishing substance, polishing machine and a lot of time
that's all
rens
Old 09-23-2012, 01:55 PM   #252
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbri View Post
Newbie on board. Just purchased a 1994 2400scr two weeks ago and this site has been a great knowledge base for some of my questions, Thanks to all. I Sold my 1985 24' ciera sunbridge 13 years ago and haven't been in west Marine since. Go figure fourth trip today. Great runningcruiser, She'll need just enough touch up work to keep my OCD in check.LOL

I could use any tips on polishing and touching up some of the gell coat dings if anyone has any good tips.

Welcome aboard. I also just purchased the same boat about 3 weeks ago. But the engine is frozen in mine. But. I think this is going to be a great boat can't wait to get it in the water

Old 09-24-2012, 12:27 AM   #253
Ensign

Hi there,
My husband and I purchased a 1998 Maxum 3000 SCR last October so this was our first full season with it. It's great that you have this site! My husband is not too computer literate so I usually do the "looking up of stuff on the computer". We live on the south shore of Long Island, NY, and have thus far been boating in the Great South Bay which is very shallow so paying attention to buoys is very important!
Thanks again for maintaining this site. I will gladly help keep it going.
Happy Boating!

Name:	Heaven Sent cropped (640x438).jpg
Views:	37
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	2298
Old 09-24-2012, 05:00 AM   #254
Ensign

Well, I did it... now HELP!.. boat was abused by previous owner and I need to save it and resore her back to her glory days. I need help locating factory OEM carpeting, instrument cluster frame, new rocker switches, and some other minor ticky tacky parts.
Engine and outdrive are solid.. got lucky there.. can someone point me in the right direction to order the misc cosmetic parts for the interior of the boat. Ran her at the lake saturday.. jumps out of the hole and tops out at 50 with ease. I really think i am going to love this boat. Thaks in advance for your help!Click image for larger version

Name:	maxum boat.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	2299
Old 09-27-2012, 08:12 AM   #255
Commander

Hey Rhinolunch, I can offer some help on the rocker switches as I just recently did mine on my 96 2100SR. Looking at the 1998 1900SR2 parts catalog, they show to be the same exact swicthes.

So look at this post for all of that info:
http://www.maxumownersclub.com/forum...in-1996-2100SR

Parts catalog can be found here if you havn't discovered it yet
http://www.maxumcustomercare.com/

Hopefully someone else can chime in with info on some of the other stuff here.

Good luck and enjoy your new boat!
Old 10-04-2012, 10:17 PM   #256
Lt. JG

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9Ball View Post
Welcome aboard. I also just purchased the same boat about 3 weeks ago. But the engine is frozen in mine. But. I think this is going to be a great boat can't wait to get it in the water

Looks like a twin. Good solid boat
Old 11-12-2012, 07:26 AM   #257
Ensign

Hi all, I am new to the site. I just bought a 1998 Maxum 2400 SCR. I have some questions about the boat I hope someone can answer. I live in Arizona and boat mainly at Lake Powell...beautiful!! Anyway, my boat has AC but I'm not sure if it is really AC or a cooler. It has a switch for AC on the shore power panel but I don't understand it has an inlet in the engine compartment to suck up water. AC units don't use water. Why would that be? Also, I live where it freezes so does the AC have to be winterized? Can someone please help??? Thanks, Jason
Old 11-12-2012, 12:21 PM   #258

Hi Jason Van Aller. Welcome Aboard!!! For future reference, please submit a specific question in a new thread, this is just an open, ongoing meet and greet thread. If you 'click' the Forum tab at the top of the screen, you'll see the Forum Categories and Sub-Categories. Try Maxum General -> General and Create a New Post.

Yes, Marine A/C units use raw water and an 120VAC pump. Raw water is taken in from the through hull pump, and pumped through the AC unit and discharged overboard. The seacock needs to be open and power to shore power panel and AC circuit either through shore power or a generator.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:58 PM   #259
Ensign

Hi to all of you.
New to the site. We purchased a 1998 4600 SCB with 450's Cummins last fall. Brought her home and put her on the hard for the winter, looking forward to this spring. This is #7 and most likely our last so we plan to enjoy.
Dangy 7
Old 03-04-2013, 01:02 AM   #260
Ensign

Hey,

My name is Gerry, I have owned and played with all the "other" toys (Motorcross bikes, Motorcycles, Quads, Trucks) for most of my life. After coming to terms that I didn't want to go faster.... but in fact .... I wanted to go slower.... I purchased at the end of last summer a 2004 Maxum 2400 SE Merc 5.0 w/ Alpha 1 from a local reputable dealer. The boat has just under 80 hours and is super clean. I seached for a while and based on the fact im super critical of how anyone else takes care of there things..... mechanically this is the best boat I could find short of purchasing new.
Day one ..... I learned...... I knew nothing about BOATING!!! Good news .... unlike some... I have lots of common sense from years of doing it the hard way! I'm happy I found this site... I've been stalking and learning....

Things about my boat ....
-The Merc 5.0 is a dog !!!!! in this boat - add a few friends a cooler and chocolate labrador retriever.... your not going anywhere's (YES, I learned all about the trim tabs ...HELPED...a little)
-Needed to add a swim platform the little 16" wide step just doesn't cut it - (worth every penny, see photo)
-I really need A/C to enjoy summer nights at the marina.... Wife and I, Zoey the dog are not going to hack sweating... If we wanted to do that we would do the camping thing AGAIN! (posted on installing this already and going to tackle this soon)
-Going to replace the all the canvas - first owner never put anything between the stainless steel supports and clear windows and what we have now is a window that looks like someone got sick on permanently burned into it.

Thats a little about this "New Guy"... If you have words of wisdom, I have two ears....
Im looking forward to enjoying this site. .

Closed Thread