Old 08-07-2015, 11:15 PM   #31
Lt. JG

I found something new. I purchased a hand held tachometer because I wanted to compare this tachometer reading to the one installed in the boat and as I went to stand by the motor cover to lift it up I felt a bump under my foot. After pulling the carpet away, it appears that a wood knot has swollen with moisture and popped the fiberglass coating up. The floor feels very firm and solid right there with no crackling noises so, any ideas how to remedy this before it turns into a BIG problem.... if it's not too late already? I also felt along where the pulled up carpet meets the wall and it was damp. Should I just open every opening I have and let it air dry? Maybe even put a fan on it?

Drenski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 12:16 AM   #32
Admiral

Boat model, year and some pictures would be helpful.

Old 08-08-2015, 04:42 PM   #33
Lt. JG

The boat is a 1994 Maxum 2300SR. The wood I can see and some of the pieces that have come off don't seem to be damp but rather, they're quite hard and appear to be almost plastic. I'm wondering if the some of the fiberglass resin had been absorbed by the wood. The floor seems solid enough and the dampness where the floor meets the wall doesn't seem to be water however there's no odor to it and it feels a little slippery.
I have some pics but the system wants me to enter the URL of the pictures. Not sure how to go about doing that because they're just pics on my computer I want to upload. I'll try to mail them to you.
Old 08-08-2015, 04:47 PM   #34
Admiral

Being that the floor is solid is a good thing.

Where it says URL is another tab which allows you to browse you computer directory to attach photos.
Old 08-31-2015, 03:49 AM   #35
Lt. JG

Just an update. I took my oscillating sander to the problem area on the floor and roughed it up pretty good and then I applied the marine epoxy and it worked great. Seems very solid and covered the area almost perfectly. Thanks for the advise Mike. And thanks to everyone else that has assisted me.
Old 08-31-2015, 02:19 PM   #36

You may want to consider starting a new, topic-specific thread in the General section. Note that this run on thread is in the 'New Member, Introductions' section.