Old 01-27-2011, 09:30 AM   #11
Captain

by the way 4js........your other 3 brothers are very famous in the netherlands.....here are 2 films of them....

greatz again, ed

ed & inge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 10:47 AM   #12
4js
Ensign

I live in the great Commonwealth of Virginia. More specifically, I am in southern Virginia, near the North Carolina border.
I'll be running around the lake that sits on the border of VA and NC, Lake Gaston.
Lucky for me, the lake is about 200 yards from our driveway.

Thanks for the welcome and I hope to get some good technical advice from you guys/gals.

4js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 04:41 PM   #13
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed & inge View Post
by the way 4js........your other 3 brothers are very famous in the netherlands.....here are 2 films of them....

greatz again, ed
in case you did'nt get it.....they call themself the 3js.........pppppfffffttttttt,

greatz, ed
ed & inge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 01:09 PM   #14
Lt. JG

I'm chiming in a bit late here. I am also new to boating and this forum. I just bought a 95 1800 SR. I have found a lot of information out there. Try this site for owners manual and a parts list.

http://www.maxumcustomercare.com/

I also found the manuals for the MerCruiser engine and drive. I can email them to you if you're interested.
rscotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 01:34 PM   #15
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to ss3964spd

Welcome aboard RS, and congrats on the new boat.

Dan
ss3964spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 02:40 PM   #16
Lt. Commander

Location: Liberty Lake, WA... moored on Beautiful Coeur D' Alene Lake, ID

4js; these guys who run this forum are incredible... I too am somewhat new to this forum and the info gleaned thus far has been priceless. You're in Virginia, huh? I had to sue a telecom company in Fairfax County a couple years ago that forced me to be there (we settled, too bad too... I wanted to go to trial!) and spent some driving to Annapolis, MD. Took a tourist cruise on the Chesapeake, etc... what a great part of the country.

Welcome!
Old 04-29-2011, 03:44 PM   #17
Admiral

Jeff,

I'm in Northern Va - Fairfax, and I work in telecom. The telecom business is incestouos - always running into the same people at different companies. Which Co did you have a run in with?

Dan
Old 04-29-2011, 04:43 PM   #18
Lt. Commander

Location: Liberty Lake, WA... moored on Beautiful Coeur D' Alene Lake, ID

XO, they cancelled my contract to sell for them after 11 years and an annual million dollar plus book of business. I was one of the first of many cancellations they made (1,000 Agent plus I'm told). This was over four years ago, though... and even though they dumped millions of monthly residual commission payments to Agents off their expense ledger (some were legitimate cancellations) they STILL can't get profitable! I've moved well over half of the Customers they used to pay me on to other providers now after so many years... but it's definately been a struggle I won't lie to you. Not the sharpest tools in the shed running that company, THAT's for sure. Daddy warbucks (aka Carl Icahn) makes it pretty easy to be an inept Officer in that company when he has no clue how screwed up they are there. Hope you don't work for them, but after going through the full lawsuit process with them I'm convinced there's more going on there that people know.
Old 04-29-2011, 05:23 PM   #19
Admiral

Bummer, Jeff, a definite mood hassle.

No, I'm not with XO but I know some folks that are. I'm with ya though - I have no idea how, or why, they are still in business.

Dan
Old 05-25-2011, 02:01 AM   #20
Lt. JG

Hi 4Js. I'm also a new boat owner and new to the forum. It has been a big help. There's a ton of info, so dig into the posts. I just bought a 95 Maxum 1800SR as well. I was able to find the shop manuals (in pdf) for the 3.0 engine and the Alpha One outdrive. I can't remember where they were off hand, but I think I Googled the engine and drive model numbers. US Marine will email you a copy of the owners manual. It's pretty general, but has some good info. Welcome.

rscotta is offline   Reply With Quote