Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum Community > Welcome Mat | New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-03-2019, 06:50 PM   #1
Ensign

Default New Owner of a 2002 1800sr

Hello all,

We made the decision to buy our first boat and after shopping a while, found a gem of a 2002 Maxum 1800sr for sale that I brought home last week. Very clean, with only 127 hours on it. It's got the 3.0L engine but has lived a very pampered life so far.

I'll be doing some minor work on it (couple of the stock gauges are acting up, redoing the lines on the trailer surge brakes), but am excited to get her out on the water. This forum has already come in handy troubleshooting some issues. Thanks in advance for all your help.

Best,
Mike
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1448.PNG   IMG_1449.PNG   IMG_1450.PNG   IMG_1459.PNG   IMG_1524(1).jpg  

Mike_SR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 11:23 PM   #2
Admiral

Welcome aboard

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 03:18 PM   #3

Welcome aboard Mike_SR!!
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 02:12 PM   #4
Lieutenant

I have an '06 1800 SR3 that was not well cared for, I've been slowly cleaning it up. I think you'll find it's a great boat. Little heavy, beamy, smooth ride; might be a little underpowered with the 3.0 ltr. Drop down in prop pitch will help responsiveness, esp. if towing. I have the V-6 and use a 19" four blade and love the performance. I sent tach back to Faria-Beede for repair, lifetime gntee once repaired.
Nice you got a good one. Enjoy!
The Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 02:16 AM   #5
Ensign

Good to hear that you have had good luck with your boat after some repairs. I just bought a '09 1900 SR3 with the 5.0 as well as a four blade prop. Not sure of the pitch on it though. Hoping to have good luck with mine!
Garand114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 01:52 PM   #6
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pirate View Post
I have an '06 1800 SR3 that was not well cared for, I've been slowly cleaning it up. I think you'll find it's a great boat. Little heavy, beamy, smooth ride; might be a little underpowered with the 3.0 ltr. Drop down in prop pitch will help responsiveness, esp. if towing. I have the V-6 and use a 19" four blade and love the performance. I sent tach back to Faria-Beede for repair, lifetime gntee once repaired.
Nice you got a good one. Enjoy!

Great to hear! And good advice on the prop, I've been seeing how many guys on here swear by speed tabs too so I might pick up a set of those as well, although drilling into the fiberglass worries me a bit.

Funny you mention the gauges, that was the first thing on my list. After shopping for a while online, I found Gander Outdoors had a 6-gauge set of Faria White Chesapeake SS gauges for $49 - I'm not sure why they were so cheap - if anyone else needs gauges that might be a good place to check while the prices are low. But I scooped those up, plus a trim gauge and an extra tach w/hours meter, so I'll be able to replace everything for less than $200 and end up with a spare tach out of the deal.
Mike_SR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 07:11 PM   #7
Lieutenant

Wow, good deal. Nice job on the gauges......

The Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote