Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum Community > Welcome Mat | New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-18-2015, 07:55 PM   #1
Ensign

Wink New member Paul mulkeirins uk

Hi everybody,
I am again the proud owner of a 1997 maxum 3000 scr moored on the Thames in the uk. This is the second Maxum I have owned the first was a 1994 scr which I sold eight years ago after ten great fun filled years. In the uk it seems most of the dealers don't seem to offer much if any support to maxum owners since manufacturing stopped.Are there any manuals available for individual items such as how the toilet system works in plain American. You guessed it when I bought here she came with no manuals at all. As I get used to using the owners club I am sure I will have loads of questions you guys can help me with.
Kind regards

Paul

Paul mulkeirins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 12:31 AM   #2
Admiral

Paul welcome aboard

Maxum made the boat structure and then used products from different manufactures just like all boat builders. You should be able to search for manuals on line for things like the toilet, A/C, gen, ....

If you post a spefic part and manufacture here I am sure folks will provide what they can.

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 01:02 PM   #3

The head is more than likely from Jabsco, so that is the manual you are looking for. The AC is more than likely Marine Air by Dometic. Fridge is more than likely Norcold. Stove is more than likely Origo. What you're looking for a collection of individual manuals. Confirm the make and model of the item then look at that manufacturers archives. Most of this stuff is available online.

http://www.marineair.com/Internation...ments/Manuals/

Jabsco Technical Support

Also check out here:

http://www.maxumownersclub.com/forum...hp?do=cat&id=4
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 08:08 PM   #4
Ensign

Thanks guys I have got more information from being in the owners club for 24 hours than I have from the so called uk dealers in the 6 months I have owned her.
Old 03-19-2015, 08:28 PM   #5
Admiral

Is it a vacu flush head? If so i have a pdf that should be helpful.
Phillbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 07:05 AM   #6
Lt. Commander

Hi Paul, welcome. I own the only Maxum 4600 in the UK and as such you can imagine parts aren't stocked in any meaningful way by the dealers.
I have refurbished and replaced a lot of parts over the last year since purchasing her and have built up a knowledge of where to get bits, a lot from oem manufacture.
If you need any advice pm me your email and phone number and I'll help if I can
ian
iantan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 01:16 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by iantan View Post
If you need any advice pm me your email and phone number and I'll help if I can
Please don't solicit assistance offline. This goes against the nature of a forum. Please feel free to post questions and answers. Consider opening new threads for unique topics. Open sharing is the basis of the forum community. This allows everyone to benefit from the information, including other folks months or years later looking for similar information.

Many thanks
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 06:46 PM   #8
Ensign

Hi I think it is a vacuum head there is a black button on the right hand wall of the heads which when you press it the toilet empties. I have no knowledge of how it works I am not to sure where it goes is there a holding tank, do I put water into the waste tank on the outside deck area for flushing the toilet. I know there is a macerator at the helm again I do not knowi when this is used. Just outside the heads there is a seacock beneath the floor does this have to be in the vertical position to use the heads. I must sound like some dumb Englishman but where I am moored no one has anything like a maxum they are all day boats no heads no one to ask.
Kind regards
Paul
Old 03-20-2015, 07:07 PM   #9
Admiral

The head will use either raw water or fresh water. If fresh than the fresh water tank must be filled, if raw than the sea cock must opened, either way the waste will go into the waste tank or pumped overboard if that option is on the boat.

Can you post some pictures of what you are looking at?

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 07:19 PM   #10
Ensign

Hi mike
Great idea about pictures.i will be going to the boat a week today and will take loads of pictures and post them online of anything I am unsure of. I live approximately 120 miles from the boat so need to plan when to go boating. Once again thank you for your help.
Kind regards
Paul