Old 10-19-2015, 06:16 PM   #1
Ensign

Default Farm Fresh

Hi, my name is Bill and I recently purchased from a buddy a "FARM FRESH" 1600 Maxum boat that needs a total overhaul. I'm making this my winter project with hopes to be on the water by April. What I'm confused about is the fuel tank on this boat is in the bow with a fill cap on the front right. All the pics I have been able to find the fuel tanks are rear center in the floor. Will having the tank up front affect the boats performance to get on plane and has anyone seen this model with the tank up front.

Thanks for any help or leads. I'm just gathering as much info as possible before I yank it out of the south 40 and bring it home to get started.

Thanks,
Bill

maXed-n-KY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 08:45 PM   #2
Admiral

Bill welcome aboard

What year is the boat? Is there any signs that a tank was where you think it should be (in the floor)? Just wondering if it developed a leak and someone fitted this bow tank. I would think a bow tank for this size boat will change its angle of ride however it may help keep the bow down when getting onto plane. Got some pictures to post?

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 12:13 AM   #3
Captain

I don't believe I've ever seen a boat with a bow fuel tank. Always seen them either amidships or aft. I would think a forward tank exposes a lot of fuel line and risk of leak.
Kevlar7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 04:02 AM   #4
Ensign

Thanks for the Welcome. No pics yet. My buddy is getting the trailer ready and pulling the moss and weeds out before I pick it up. As for the tank, it could have been put in after but it sure looked factory. Hopefully I'll have it by the weekend and be able to get all the particulars with pics.

Thanks
maXed-n-KY is offline   Reply With Quote