Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum Community > Welcome Mat | New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-02-2016, 01:16 PM   #1
Ensign

Question 2300SC cuddy project.

Hello everyone I'm Jeff and I've been working on my 2300Sc for about 5 years now! I bought it on ebay not fully checking it out 100% very spontaneously for $4500 bucks with the 7.4 Bravo 3 outdrive. I soon found out the entire transom area was rotten and waterlogged so I went to work on that GIANT of a job and finally completed it after about a year. Had to tear out everything down to the gelcoat and re-cut the transom hole and the whole nine yards. Turned out real nice ( I sometimes go overkill on a job it's real strong now). 2nd came the engine which was shot (of course that was yanked when I did the transomn job), piece by piece part by part I completely overhauled the engine beatifully with a nice msd ignition system in it, stainless Hardin Marine raw water pump and a set of corsa captains call exausts not yet installed. This took me about three years of saving and working on the project to get this far. Oh I also had to buy a new bravo 3 transom unit also. My buddy Joe who has been a lifelong friend since fifth grade and my little league baseball coach back in the day had been helping me with a lot of the engine work that being a mechanic by trade. So I have the boat at my house on the side yard and I had the engine back and forth from my place to joe's auto shop and warehouse breacking it in. Well one day we transported the engine by u haul trailer to Joes place and I bulit a wooden engine stand with wheels on it that made it really top heavy. Joe was ahead of me in the u haul and usually we both rolled it off the trailer. This one day Joe attempted to wheel it off himself and yes you guessed it , a wheel on the engine stand got stuck in a groove on the ramp and Joe could't hold it and WHAM smack down on the crank on the pave ment, bendiing the crank!! What are ya gonna do? I can't crucify my best friend over a tragic accident like this! I was devastated! Then to compound things After we disassembled the engine Joe's shop got burglarized and half of the engine parts got stolen! Well I almost gave up and last year I started buying all the parts again and now finally I am ready to start putting the engine back together. So that's my story everyone , glad to be here and thanks for listening! Oh yeah does anyone happen to have one of the plastic coverall curtains for the 2300SC that they would want to let go of? I'll give you a good price for it as they are almost impossible to find! Thanks a lot

jeffp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 02:48 PM   #2
Admiral

Welcome aboard

Well that's some story. At least you friend did not get hurt by the run away engine. Keep us posted on the progress and post pictures.

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 01:37 PM   #3

Welcome aboard JeffP!!!!!
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rain coverall for 2300sc?