Old 02-01-2015, 05:25 PM   #21
Admiral

Hi Jamie,
Calling for mainly rain here today with snow up the coast.

A 4 blade has more prop area and hence more drag so yes you would need to decrease the pitch.

2 more months until we can start playing with the boats again

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 05:34 PM   #22
Lt. JG

Quote:
Originally Posted by forbes210 View Post
Its a single mercruiser 5.7 250 hp with bravo 3 drive. In my opinion this engine works really well with this boat. Its my first boat so I don't have a lot of experience with other but it feels like theres always more power then you need. Using trim tabs I can get on plane in no time and without gear and extra weight I was able to hit 40 mph. In my opinion 2500 scr offers a lot in this size/price range. Also its very descent on gas since cruising around 25 mph I'm burning not more then 10 gal per h. I bough it 2 years ago and today I can't imagine my life without it I think I'm addicted
Hi Forbes,

That sound great i'll be happy to get that from mine, the cruising speed and WOT sound very similar to mine thats very efficient and fast for a bigger boat. I also have that engine but mine is running on a carb is yours EFI ?. Do you have the counter rotating props being a bravo 3 ?. Roughly what revs are you running @ 25 mph ? and just one more question to ask are you quoting US gallons or imperal ?.Sorry for all the questions just intrested.

Thanks

Jamie

Maxum2300scr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 05:53 PM   #23
Lt. JG

Yeh we have been out sledging today on the moors, but I am counting the days to get out on the water. It seem that we are having very similar weather, and it is about another 2 months till our season really starts. so just expenense and no play for now then, but I am sure it will all be worth it when we get back out.

Jamie
Old 02-01-2015, 06:00 PM   #24
Lt. Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxum2300scr View Post
Hi Forbes,

That sound great i'll be happy to get that from mine, the cruising speed and WOT sound very similar to mine thats very efficient and fast for a bigger boat. I also have that engine but mine is running on a carb is yours EFI ?. Do you have the counter rotating props being a bravo 3 ?. Roughly what revs are you running @ 25 mph ? and just one question to ask are you quoting US gallons or imperal ?.Sorry for all the questions just intrested.

Thanks

Jamie
Mine is 2 bbl carb. Yes, bravo 3 which I got is counter rotating dual prop. Usually on plane I run 3200 to 3600 rpm which translates from 20 to 24 knots (23 to 27 mph). I'm talking about US gallons. Recently I installed much bigger trim tabs compared to what came with the boat. Big improvement. I'll highly recommend that for this type of boat especially if you might be cruising in rough waters.
forbes210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 05:12 PM   #25
Lt. JG

Default Hole shot fixed

Hi All,

I know its been a long time since my last post, but its good news. I have been using the boat but only managed to get my slot in the boat yard a week ago so I haven't really changed much to comment on.
The findings were the trim tabs were not working as they should, all fixed now and the fuel tank had some water in it courtesy of a rather expensive fill up station at a local marina( tank drained and new fuel / filter water separator fitted). I have also fitted a laser II 14 x 21 S/steel prop and all is well, now planning from 3300 - 3500 rpm @ 22 - 27 mph and maxing out at 4400 @ 42 mph with 3 adults and 2 children one of the children being 17 so really an adult in weight terms + all the gear for snorkelling and lunch and drinks for the day out. The prop on its own without the trim tabs has helped (removed all the prop slip I suffered with the 14 x 19 Laser II but the biggest impact on the hole shot is defiantly the trim tabs. Thanks for all you advice and enjoy your boats this year as I am sure I will.
Old 07-26-2015, 09:32 PM   #26
Admiral

That's great, now get out and enjoy her

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 06:59 AM   #27
Ensign

The gearing on that is supposed to be 1.50

Bolla is offline   Reply With Quote