Old 09-11-2010, 11:12 PM   #1
Commander

Default Windline Ladder

I have a 2000 1900SR with a windline telescoping ladder installed in the swim platform. The ladder is supposed to be stainless steel and have a lifetime warranty, but the bottom rung of the ladder has corroded to the point that there are jagged edges and I have had more than one person cut themselves using it. Has anyone elses had a similar problem or worked with windline to try and get a replacement?

CountryME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 11:18 PM   #2
Admiral

never heard of anyone having that kind of issue...I'd contact them and see what they offer...

SP

Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 01:10 AM   #3
Commander

Click image for larger version

Name:	003 (2).jpg
Views:	29
Size:	169.4 KB
ID:	860

Here is what the end of the ladder looks like. I have already sent them an e-mail to see if the will live up to the lifetime guarantee they claim.

-JP
Old 09-12-2010, 09:27 AM   #4
Captain

that one is in a bad condition......seems to me that you should get a new one from those guys....for your information.....at my 2009 2400 sc3 i removed the black plastic ends on the ladder, so that all the water can go out after using it....if you do that right from the beginning, i'll guess you dont have this problem anymore

good luck, ed
ed & inge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 09:09 PM   #5

Stainless steel is going to rust no matter what. Even SS screws and bolts will eventually rust. I once heard someone say, "That's why they call it stain-LESS and not Stain-FREE steel". A lifetime guarantee is still lifetime, so absolutely pursue Windline on the warranty.

Here is an exerpt from their site: https://windline.com/index.php?act=faq

Question: If I do encounter a problem with a Windline product, what should I do?
  • Answer: Because of Windline's meticulous manufacturing processes, we feel you should only have to buy it once. If it fails or wears out, Windline will repair or replace the product free of charge. In addition, customers are welcome to call Windline directly for technical support. Please call for details. PLEASE NOTE: This offer will not apply to any product that has been improperly installed, subject to misuse, negligence, accident, or has been designed, altered or previously repaired by others. This replacement policy/warranty applies only to material or labor defects. Breakage from loads in excess of the recommended load limits is specifically exempt. Implied warranties, if any, are applicable to material and labor defects as well as to wear or breakage during normal use. Windline reserves the right to examine and test the product and to make the final determination on the cause of damage to the part. Windline shall not be liable in tort or contract for any expenses, loss or damage, direct, incidental or consequential, and expect as the law produces is responsible only to replace or repair the defective product as stated above.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 05:57 PM   #6
Commander

I dealt with Windline for a replacement latch for my ladder and they were excellent.
racer2c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 07:41 PM   #7
Lt. JG

I am not to happy with windline, they don't offer replacements if something on the ladder broke and fell into the water they won't warranty it, since you have to apparently send the whole ladder back in.
Hostage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 10:48 PM   #8
Commander

Got my new ladder from Windline today. What an easy company to work with. No questions asked...just sent in the defective ladder and they sent me a new one.
Old 02-25-2011, 01:18 AM   #9
Lieutenant

[ATTACH][/ATTACH]I had the same problem with my 3700 SCR and called them. I paid for the shiping there and they repaired my ladder and sent it back. Look on their web site for a number to call and get a shipping address to send it and it took around 2 weeks to fix plus travel. Great people and they stand behind their product.
William Ferrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 08:10 PM   #10

This is great news. Thanks for the follow-up.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 02:16 PM   #11
Commander

Sorry for the delayed follow-up. I took the ladder off my boat when I decommissioned it for the season, but never followed up with windline until now. I would recommend anyone else with a Windline product that is broken to contact them they really stand behind their products and a lifetime warranty that really means something. Needless to say I will not have to worry about people cutting themselves on the ladder this season.